Egress window well installation
Basement contractors serving Waukesha & Milwaukee counties
Egress windows are worth the cost—they’re a great way to add value & livable space to your home. For those looking to finish off the basement by adding a new family room or bedroom, an egress system is a must. In the event of a fire or emergency, family members need to have the ability to escape and be safe. Egress windows are large enough to serve as an emergency exit while providing natural light in a normally dark room. This provides long-lasting comfort, so you can know your family is safe.
TYPES OF EGRESS WINDOWS:
- Insulated casement windows
- Double-hung windows
- Sliding windows (windows that move from side to side)
Other basement services:
Our basement contractors offer a variety of services for residential & commercial basement/foundation work, including:
- Basement waterproofing
- Sump pump installation and repair
- Drain tile testing, installation and repair
- Foundation repair
Egress window requirements in Southeast Wisconsin
Egress windows (or doors) are required in every habitable space If you have an existing home and you add a bedroom or finish a separate living space in the basement.
Rooms in your basement can be a fire trap if you don’t have a quick and easy to operate emergency egress escape window. If you have a basement that has a bedroom, recreation room, den, family room, media room, office, or home gym then you need an egress window according to building codes.
Basement Egress Window Specifications
- The bottom of the egress window opening can’t exceed 44” from the finished floor.
- The minimum opening area is 5.7 square feet.
- The minimum opening height is 24”.
- The minimum opening is 20” wide.
- Must have a glass area of not less than 8% of the total floor area of room(s) being serviced.
- Must have a opening area of not less than 4% of the total floor area of room(s) being serviced.
Benefits of Egress Window Wells
- Effective and up-to-code escape roots
- Provide natural lighting
- Adds a valuable addition to your home
- Additional ventilation
Our Southeast Wisconsin basement contractors serve Pewaukee, Whitefish Bay, Menomonee Falls, New Berlin, Waukesha, Milwaukee & beyond.
Selling your house? Call our expert contractors
Selling a house is hard work and if there are foundation or plumbing problems it can be even more of a headache. The Ihn Company specializes in inspecting & fixing foundation and plumbing. We also offer a 20 year transferable warranty on all foundations and a 1 year warranty on our plumbing. You can sell your home without worrying about a potential lawsuit.