Drain Tile Installation
Install an interior drain tile system to prevent water damage to your home
Any time it rains or snows, water gathers around your home, and over time, moisture damages the foundation. An interior drain tile system can prevent damages to your home by collecting the water gathering around your foundation and pumping it away from your home.
The experts at Ihs Company install and inspect drain tile systems around Southeast Wisconsin to prevent basement water problems.
Why you need professionals to install an interior drain tile system
For interior work you will need to:
- Remove a strip of concrete floor around the perimeter of the basement
- Remove the soil below to create a trench-like home along the footing
- Pour in a layer of gravel & reroute the corrugated drain tile piping to the sump basin
- Cover it with another layer of gravel
For exterior work:
- Remove any driveway, sidewalk, patio, or garden next to the foundation of the house.
- Dig down to the footing of the foundation, fit, glue, & reroute PVC pipe to the sump pump or storm drain.
The major obstacle if you try and do this yourself is the removal of the several hundred square feet of concrete and soil. Then after that you will need to haul in several 5 gallon buckets of concrete to fill the trenches back in. Then cover it back up with cement.
Contact our Southeast Wisconsin basement contractors that serve Pewaukee, Whitefish Bay, Menomonee Falls, New Berlin, Waukesha, Milwaukee & surrounding communities.
How to know when you need an internal drain tile system installed?
1) The first clue to look for are water stains on the walls or floor of your basement. Water could be steeping in through small cracks on the walls or through the joints where the floor and wall meets.
2) Be on the lookout for mold and mildew around your basement. Mold and mildew can grow into different colors like brown, green, yellow or black.
3) If you walk down into your basement and there is a musty smell, you may need an internal drain tile system installed. The unpleasant musty smell in the basement is caused by mold or mildew growing in dark and damp environments.
Other basement services:
Our expert contractors at IHN Company offer a variety of services for commercial and residential basement/foundation work in Southeast Wisconsin, including:
- Foundation Repair
- Sump Pump Installation and Repair
- Basement Waterproofing
- Egress Window Installation
- Drain Tile Testing & Repair
Drain Tile Installation
Pictures of the installation process of new interior drain tile system:
Selling your house? Call our expert contractors
Selling a house is hard work and if there are foundation or plumbing problems it can be even more of a headache. The Ihn Company specializes in inspecting & fixing foundation and plumbing. We also offer a 20 year transferable warranty on all foundations and a 1 year warranty on our plumbing. You can sell your home without worrying about a potential lawsuit.