Drain Tile Testing & Repair
Prevent water damage in your Southeast Wisconsin home
Drain tile is a drainage solution that is a barrier between the foundation of a home and water. This is also known as a dispersion drain. A drain tile is a system of pipes installed to drain excess water away from the base of a building.
In order for drain tile systems to be effective, they need to be installed by experts & inspected every other year.
DRAIN TILE TESTING
Drain tile inspection procedure:
- 2-3 holes will be drilled through the basement flooring, where the floor meets the wall at the perimeter, to gain access to the interior drain tile system
- water is run in each hole towards the corresponding hole, sump pump, and/or palmer valve
- If required - to test the exterior system, cross-connections, and damp-proofing of the exterior wall a water spud will be installed in the exterior ground. Water is run on the exterior of the foundation wall to see if water enters the interior drain tile system and if there is any seepage/leaking on the wall.
- Your basement will be inspected for signs of water damage that could be caused by a malfunctioning drain tile system
You may need to get a drain tile test if you see signs of water damage in your Wisconsin home or as part of a standard inspection when selling your home.
VIDEO OF DRAIN TILE INSPECTION
When should you get your drain tile inspected?
When you experience seepage/leaks/dampness
When you are buying a new home to ensure you do not inherit a problematic basement and/or the expense to fix it
When you are selling a home to ensure that it sells quickly with no issues with the home inspection process or bank appraisals
When you decide to furnish your basement and want to be certain before you spend thousands of dollars on furnishing your basement, that you will have a dry basement
Other basement services:
Our basement contractors offer a variety of services for residential & commercial basement/foundation work, including:
- Basement waterproofing
- Sump pump installation and repair
- Foundation repair
- Egress window installation
- Drain Tile Installation
Contact the Ihn Company today for drain tile testing & repair. We mainly service Waukesha and Milwaukee Counties including Brookfield, New Berlin, Menomonee Falls, Pewaukee, Oconomowoc, Wauwatosa, Greenfield, and more.
Selling your house? Call our expert contractors
Selling a house is hard work and if there are foundation or plumbing problems it can be even more of a headache. The Ihn Company specializes in inspecting & fixing foundation and plumbing. We also offer a 20 year transferable warranty on all foundations and a 1 year warranty on our plumbing. You can sell your home without worrying about a potential lawsuit.