Drain Tile Testing, Installation & Repair
Prevent water damage in your Southeast Wisconsin home
Drain tile is a drainage solution that is a barrier between the foundation of a home and water. This is also known as a dispersion drain. Drain tile is a system of pipes installed to drain excess water away from the base of a building.
In order for drain tile systems to be effective, they need to be installed by experts & inspected every other year.
Drain tile testing available
Drain tile testing varies depending on the type of system but generally your basement contractor will do the following:
- 2-3 holes will be drilled in the basement floor to look for mud or standing water
- Water will run through the drilled holes to check for clogs
- Your basement will be inspected for signs of water damage that could be caused by a malfunctioning drain tile system
You may need to get a drain tile test if you see signs of water damage in your Wisconsin home or as part of a standard inspection when selling your home.
How does a drain tile system work?
See an example of a drain tile installation here. Drain tile systems utilize the mechanics of hydrostatic pressure to funnel water away from your basement foundation.
- The drain tiles are set into a gravel moat around your basement.
- Water naturally flows toward the most porous material where it will meet the least resistance moving toward the gravel deposits and away from the basement walls.
- Water enters the gravel and flows down into the drain tiles (four-inch windpipes with multiple drilled holes).
- The drain tiles siphon water away from the basement and towards a pit.
- A sump pump can be installed to remove the water or the water enters a water outlet.
Other basement services:
Our basement contractors offer a variety of services for residential & commercial basement/foundation work, including:
- Basement waterproofing
- Sump pump installation and repair
- Foundation repair
- Egress window installation
Whether your home is in New Berlin, Pewaukee, Milwaukee or Waukesha, we can provide you with a fast drain tile & offer recommendations for repair if necessary.
Drain Tile Installation
Pictures of the installation process of new interior drain tile system:
Now serving Milwaukee & Waukesha counties including New Berlin, Menomonee Falls, Pewaukee & Whitefish Bay.
Selling your house? Call our expert contractors
Selling a house is hard work and if there are foundation or plumbing problems it can be even more of a headache. The Ihn Company specializes in inspecting & fixing foundation and plumbing. We also offer a 20 year transferable warranty on all foundations and a 1 year warranty on our plumbing. You can sell your home without worrying about a potential lawsuit.